Responsibility and Duties
- Schedule all subcontractor activities and monitor their progress, performance, and quality of work. Meet subs for layout, questions, etc. Responsible to control of costs and materials management and procurement.
- Exercises control over scheduling and construction progress in order to complete construction projects within time limits
- Inspects construction work to ensure conformity to plans, specifications, and meets quality expectations. Constantly check for quality and correct installations.
- Coordinate and schedule all job inspections as required by local codes
- Report to the Project Manager each week on project progress
- Maintain plans, specifications, and as-builts at the job site
- Safety monitoring
- Perform field labor for any trade tasks that may be necessary from time to time
- Successfully work out plan conflicts between engineer and architect while maintaining cost-effective solutions
- Be able to read blueprints, specifications, and building codes to communicate information to others at the job site and within the project and ownership teams
- Be able to think well ahead for materials ordering and subcontractor scheduling on large complex projects
- We’ve best explained this position as an average of 80/20. 80% of your time is as a Lead Carpenter and 20% of your time is on Project Management
– 5 years of experience in a full superintendent role
– 10 years of overall experience in the construction industry
– College degree in Construction Management can count towards field experience but not replace it
- You most likely have your own hand and power tools and are fully tooled up
- Have knowledge of all building trades, building materials, assemblies, tools, and machines
- Experience with Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license with a clean record
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labor take-offs, estimates, and job cost reports
- Able to do layout, framing, finishing of typical outdoor projects
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to employees and others
- Ability to work well on a team and individually
- Those offered positions will be drug tested, E-verified and have background checks to qualify
Wages and other benefits
The position offers a competitive wage (DOE). We offer benefits including paid medical, dental, short and long term disability, paid time off; profit sharing among others.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible ALL applicants MUST provide a cover letter with a summary of your experience and a resume that MUST contain current wage, wage history, along with wage requirements (RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.