This is a working, hands-on residential carpenter from framing to finish. Ideal candidate must be presentable, responsible and organized, with high energy. You will be responsible for execution of projects for remodels (additions, 2nd stories, dormers, basements) and new construction.
Responsibility and Duties
- Complete layout and assembly of framing materials including
– Stud walls (incl. window openings and additional structural members)
– Floor systems (joists, sheathing, blocking, openings, etc.)
– Stair Framing
– Advanced/complex layouts (i.e. rake walls, rafters, dormers, etc.)
- Finish carpentry
– Measuring and installing all types of trim including crown molding
– Cabinet installation
– Construction of simple railings
- Ability to anticipate common problems that may occur in the course of framing and finish carpentry
- Independently run small carpentry projects (decks, sheds, etc.)
- Accurate material take offs for carpentry portions of a project
- 5 years of experience in a full carpenter position
- 7 years overall experience in construction industry
- Must have your own hand and power tools (toolbelt, handtools, circ saw, etc.)
- Have knowledge of all building trades, high end building materials & assemblies, tools, and machines
- Have a desire to:
– Work hard
– Teach those on the job that know less than you
– Learn from those on the job that know more than you
– Be a student of building science (know how things go together and the changing requirements of materials and codes)
- A valid Washington State Driver’s license with a clean record
- A SAFE work history (10 hr OSHA Card or EPA RRP a plus)
- Ability to do layout, framing, and finishing of typical projects.
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to employees and others
- Ability to work well on a team and individually
- Strong references
- Those offered positions will be drug tested, E-verified and have background checks to qualify
Wages and other benefits
The position offers a competitive wage (DOE). We offer benefits including paid medical, dental, short and long term disability, paid time off; profit sharing among others.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible ALL applicants MUST provide a cover letter with a summary of your experience and a resume that MUST contain current wage, wage history, along with wage requirements (RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-Time